- Press your waterproof Help Button anytime you need help.
- Depending on a level of help needed we’ll call a neighbour, loved one or emergency services.
- Wear your waterproof help button as an adjustable necklace or on your wrist like a bracelet or watch.
How HomeSafe Service Works
The System and Hardware
Our HomeSafe Standard System is an affordable way to help you maintain your independence, while being prepared in the event of an emergency. This includes a Help Button, a Communicator, and 24/7 access to our Canadian based Response Centre Associates. You can select a Help Button pendant to wear around your neck or, if you prefer, a wristband style Help Button.
Personal Help Button
Wear the HomeSafe button in the fashion that suits you. Choose from a pendant that is worn around the neck or a wristband that adjusts to fit your wrist.
With a HomeSafe medical alert system, your help button is only the beginning. The next critical component is your in-home Communicator. It’s like your system’s home base. When you press your help button within range, the Communicator works like a speaker-phone and speed-dials our Lifeline Response Center for direct communication with an associate ready to help.
Lifeline subscribers have 24/7 access to our fully-owned Canadian based Response Centre. Our Associates are meticulously trained to professionally, courteously and sensitively serve you. Unlike some other companies, we do NOT outsource this privilege and responsibility.
When you sign up for service, you share with Lifeline the contact information of the people you would like to help you in the event of a medical event or other emergency. Press your Help Button and our Response Associates access your profile, and contact the people you’ve identified, and emergency personnel as appropriate, to get you the help you want.
Professional Home Installation
We are committed to delivering a local service. Our Response Centres are monitored in Canada. Plus we have a network of Home Service Representatives who will install your Lifeline service to ensure everything is set up and operating properly.2 During your installation appointment, the Philips Lifeline Home Service Representative will do the following:
- Hook up the equipment to ensure your Lifeline is set up properly so you are highly satisfied with our service from the start.
- Explain the service, answer your questions and show you how easy it is to use.
- Conduct three service tests so you have peace of mind knowing it’s working when you need it most:
- A button range test in and around your home to know where your button will work from.
- A voice range test to know under normal circumstances where your voice can be heard throughout your home for communicating over the speakerphone with the Response Centre.
- A test call to our 24 hour Response Centre.
- Go through the paperwork with you to set up the billing.
- Complete your personalized CarePlan so we can get you help quickly and efficiently when you push your button.
Who needs HomeSafe Medical Alert Service
In a fall or medical emergency, every second counts. You don’t want anything to get in the way of your independence. Not an accidental fall. Not a medical condition or emergency. HomeSafe Medical Alert System is recommended for people:
- with history, risk or fear of falling
- with chronic conditions (cognitive impairment, COPD, diabetes, diabetes, arthritis, heart conditions, MS, stroke, osteoporosis, Parkinson’s disease, macular degeneration)
- with mobility problems
- with visual impairments
- recovering after discharge from hospital
Unlike generic substitutes, our medical alert products and services are specifically designed to meet the needs of seniors and at-risk individuals.