Privacy Notices inform you as to how we will collect and use your personal data. By using this website, you agree and consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not understand, you can contact email@example.com
This privacy notice applies to the personal data of consumers that is collected or used by Lifeline Canada or its contracted partners. Lifeline Canada appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products and services by visiting our websites, www.lifeline.ca or related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages and/or channels and blogs (together “Lifeline Canada pages”). This privacy notice applies to all the personal data that Lifeline Canada collects when you interact with Lifeline Canada, such as when you visit our websites, when you use the products or services offered by Lifeline Canada, when you purchase Lifeline Canada products or services, when you subscribe to newsletters, when you contact customer support, and when you interact with Lifeline Canada as a business customer, supplier or business partner, etc.
This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal data. However, some Lifeline Canada pages collect types of data with special requirements (for example, medical data) and which require a different privacy notice. Whenever and wherever that is the case, Lifeline Canada will make it clear that the privacy notice concerned is different from this general privacy notice.
Why we ask you to share your Personal Data
We ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
- Buying Lifeline Canada products and services online;
- Receiving information via newsletters, email or other sources about Lifeline Canada products and services;
- Participating in Lifeline Canada online communities, including our social media channels/pages, blogs,
- Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from Lifeline Canada;
- Helping us to develop products and services and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimize customer services and continuously improve our websites;
- Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing Lifeline Canada to keep you informed of, or involve you in the testing of, new products and services;
- Resolving consumer and/or product and services issues;
When you deal with Lifeline Canada on behalf of a business customer, supplier, or business partner, we ask you to provide us with personal data for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
- Managing customer relationships
- Facilitating information access
- Enhancing communications
- Analyzing and understanding customer interactions
- Implementing security programs
- Helping Lifeline Canada participate in certification programs
- Answering your questions or the resolution of your product and service requests as well as informing you about the status thereof
- Presenting you with a satisfaction survey after your question is answered or the request is resolved
We generally process your personal data only for those purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with Lifeline Canada, for instance by interacting with Lifeline Canada via our Lifeline Canada pages, e.g. “like us on Facebook”, we may ask for or receive certain data, such as, but not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your social media profile;
- Your gender;
- Your age;
- Information about the products and services you have purchased;
- Your usage of and activities on our Lifeline Canada pages;
- Your interests;
- Other information related to your online behavior; and
- If you are a Lifeline Canada employee, your Lifeline Canada Employee ID Number and work email.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on our Lifeline Canada pages, certain personal data may be shared with Lifeline Canada about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted, etc.
In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
- Your IP address;
- Your cookie ID;
- Your web browser;
- Your location;
- The web pages you visit on our websites;
- The advertisements you’ve viewed or clicked through;
When you interact with Lifeline Canada on behalf of a business customer, supplier or business partner of Lifeline Canada, we may collect information such as, but not limited to:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your picture
- Your IP address
- Your business address
- Name and address of the company you work for
- Personal details that may come up in the scope of the business relationship, e.g. your hobbies, age
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
You can share your personal data with Lifeline Canada in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Registering for newsletters at www.lifeline.ca
- Your communications with Lifeline Canada. These can be product- or service-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests that you addressed to us;
- Communicating with one of our Lifeline Canada Customer Care representatives by email, phone or in writing;
- Ordering a product or service;
- Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
- Participating in a social media activity related to a Lifeline Canada promotion, e.g. clicking “like” or “share”;
- Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- Subscribing to a Lifeline Canada newsletter;
- Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys;
- Social sign-on, e.g. using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials to create an account or log on;
- When using Lifeline Canada products/services and/or apps, you may be asked whether you wish to share data with Lifeline Canada, e.g. sharing your usage data or your location data;
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
- Social Listening: Lifeline Canada may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
When you interact with Lifeline Canada as a business customer, supplier or business partner:
- Registering purchases
- Provisions of services with Lifeline Canada
- Communications with Lifeline Canada
- Developing partnerships
- When accessing Lifeline Canada facilities or systems
- Participating in fairs, events or promotions
- Voluntarily participating in testing or surveys
- Call recording: Lifeline Canada may record your phone calls with us for training, quality improvement and compliance reasons
Personal data may also reach us when we purchase another company of which you are a customer. If you do not want Lifeline Canada to use your personal data that has not been provided by you, you may let us know at any time by contacting us at the Lifeline Canada privacy website firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties, in accordance with applicable law.
For example, Lifeline Canada may sell you a product or offer you a service in a joint marketing effort with another company (business partner). The agreements with these business partners will limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used and disclosed, and will require your personal data to be adequately safeguarded. We will let you know that such a relationship exists and who these companies are prior to processing your data for such joint marketing efforts.
Lifeline Canada may also disclose your data to other companies such as IT and communications service providers, testing companies, data management support partners and other parties bearing a necessary relationship for Lifeline Canada to provide its services.
When you interact with Lifeline Canada as a business customer, supplier or business partner, Lifeline Canada may disclose personal data available in reports and other materials provided by you and/or your company pursuant to an engagement with another business partner and/or a supplier.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data. We may do this by noting that the use of this website constitutes your consent to the processing of your personal data.
Personal Data may be transferred out of and external to your geographic region, including possible transfers to the United States. If your personal data is transferred outside of your geographic region, we will take steps to protect your Privacy Rights and provide a comparable level of protection to your current geographic region’s legal requirements. Please note that your use of this website will serve as your consent for this transfer.
Lifeline Canada will disclose personal data only in conformance with this privacy notice and/or when required by law.
From time to time, Lifeline Canada may sell a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company.
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you have reasonable access to that information so that you can update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it. For this purpose, we refer you to the Lifeline Canada privacy e-mail address at email@example.com where you can also pose other privacy questions or file your privacy complaints.
You will also be provided with an opt-out opportunity in our commercial messages to you.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
We want to know you better so that we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
If you do not want us to send you personalized offers or information, if applicable you can let us know by selecting “opt-out” on emails you receive or advising us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because Lifeline Canada sells products and services across North America, you may have previously provided us with your personal data through our call centres or in some other manner. Of course, you will always have the option to unsubscribe from any targeted communication from Lifeline Canada or change your personal profile information as described under “Your Rights”.
Do Not Track Signals
Lifeline Canada takes privacy and security very seriously, and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. Lifeline Canada utilizes cookies to help you to get the most out of the Lifeline Canada pages.
Please be aware that Lifeline Canada currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s Do Not Track signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
On the Lifeline Canada pages, Flash cookies are also used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting the Adobe website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the Lifeline Canada pages), certain personal data may be shared with Lifeline Canada about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photos, comments and content you have posted/shared, etc.
Linking to other websites
During your online journey across Lifeline Canada websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Lifeline Canada, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-Lifeline Canada-owned or managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
Lifeline Canada may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of Lifeline Canada by a secure cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations in North America. Lifeline Canada makes use of organizational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar but in no way less restrictive requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
How we protect your personal data
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to Lifeline Canada from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Lifeline Canada uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data.
Special information for parents
While Lifeline Canada websites are not generally targeted at children under the age of 16, it is Lifeline Canada’s policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children’s information is collected, used or disclosed.
Lifeline Canada strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at the Lifeline Canada privacy e-mail address at email@example.com
Changes to this privacy notice
The services that Lifeline Canada provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the services that Lifeline Canada provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this privacy notice and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new privacy notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the Lifeline Canada pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
How to contact us
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org