System Set Up Help – HomeSafe with the Wireless Communicator
Connecting HomeSafe System with the Wireless Communicator
Customers who have moved to a new home, received a replacement unit, or have changed their phone service type can find diagrams, photos and videos to help connect the Lifeline Service. Your communicator connects to Lifeline using a wireless network, so no phone line or additional wireless equipment is required. Always refer to the User Manual for important information.
NOTE: In order for the Lifeline Service to work properly, you will need access to a working power outlet (not controlled by a wall switch).
Connecting Your Lifeline Service
- Plug your Home Communicator into a power outlet. Make sure the outlet can NOT be turned off by a wall switch.
- Press the flashing orange MESSAGE button located on the top of your Home Communicator when you are ready to continue.
- Press the GRAY personal help button on your necklace or wristband as you go from room to room. A flashing light on your HELP button indicates you have coverage in that room.
Press the flashing orange MESSAGE button located on the top of your Home Communicator when you are ready to continue.
- Press the GRAY personal help button on your necklace or wristband to initiate a test call to Lifeline. A trained Philips Lifeline Associate will answer the call. Let them know you are testing your Lifeline.
Signal Range Test
A signal range test is conducted during the initial installation, if you move to a new home, and even if you ever move your Home Communicator to a different location within your home.
- Make sure that your Home Communicator is ON and that you have your Personal Help Button in hand.
- PRESS and HOLD DOWN the Message button. The Home Communicator will beep and announce: “Continue to hold the Message button for AutoLearn. When you are ready for Range Test, please release the Message button.”
- Release the Message button. The Home Communicator will announce: “Please press the flashing orange Message button after you have completed the range test. Begin Signal Range Test.”
- Press your Personal Help Button. The Home Communicator will beep and the light on your Personal Help Button will flash green to indicate that the Home Communicator has received the signal.