Don’t be a victim of telemarketing fraud
Telephone scam warning: important notice to our subscribers and the families we serve
We have received a number of reports that another company has been aggressively marketing a competitive service using questionable telemarketing sales techniques. According to the calls we have received from concerned customers and Lifeline Programs, this company may be claiming that they are Lifeline or are being mistaken by the general public for Lifeline.
In the interest of delivering greater peace of mind to those we serve, here is how you can recognize that you are dealing directly with Lifeline:
- We never solicit seniors through the phone book or use telemarketing techniques to sell our service.
- We never disclose our subscribers’ personal information to third party vendors.
If you have any concerns about the legitimacy of a call you receive regarding your service, you can always push your button or call us using the number on your Lifeline unit to verify if someone from our office has contacted you. We are always happy to hear from you.
If you or a loved one are contacted by telemarketers claiming to represent Lifeline, do not provide credit card or bank information, and request contact information from the calling party. If you believe you may be the target of a telemarketing scam, you can also register a complaint with The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/english/home.html.
What You Should Do Now:
Here are 5 ways we can help you or your loved one live safer and more independently at home as long as possible:
- Get our latest tips, tools and resources straight to your inbox. Sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- Not sure if the time is right for a medical alert service? Take this quick assessment to find out.
- If you would like to learn how to live a healthier and safer lifestyle, go to our blog or visit our resources section, where you can read and download guides.
- Wondering which medical alert system company is the best for your needs? We’ve put together a guide comparing the best medical alert systems for you.