Philips Cares for Senior Living provides a revolutionary new level of resident care
The Philips Cares for Senior Living resident safety system gives senior living operators enhanced visibility into their communities and a sophisticated set of tools to help increase staff efficiency, mitigate risk and deliver better overall resident care. The system uses Blue Willow technology and a cloud-based platform that includes real-time resident locating, wander management, fall detection alerts, mobile communications and advanced analytics that provide actionable insights to help improve resident safety.
Benefits to Senior Living Operators
Operator Challenges: Operators of senior living communities must monitor and manage caregiver staff to ensure quality care for their residents. Increased workload, reporting requirements and high caregiver turnover may impact care.
Solution: An easy-to-use cloud-based system with advanced analytics and trend reporting, which may provide:
- Staffing management and reduced overtime
- Workflow and reporting automation
- Clear view of staff at all times
- Potential to increase workforce efficiency
- Potential to improve risk management and overall ROI
Benefits to Caregiving Staff
Caregiving Challenges: Caregivers in senior living communities are facing increasing resident-to-caregiver ratios, leading to a heavier workload and workplace stress.
Solution: Wearables used by both staff and residents combined with an easy-to-use community dashboard, may provide:
- Clear view of residents at all times
- Proximity alerts to staff and other residents
- Automated reporting process
- Potential to improve work environments and decrease staff stress
- Potential to improve staff rotation efficiency
Benefits to Residents & Families
Resident Challenges: When choosing a senior living community, family members are looking for a safe and secure environment that allows their loved ones to remain independent during the aging journey.
Solution: Comfortable, lightweight wearables with automatic fall detection and wander management, may provide:
- Private 24/7 monitoring
- Fall detection and wander management
- Enhanced feeling of security for residents
- Prolonged senior independence
- Family peace of mind through a wellness portal
Philips Cares for Senior Living Platform
An end-to-end resident and staff safety solution with specially designed wearable devices, receivers and a SaaS-delivered cloud platform.
Provides community operators a clear view of resident activity with 24/7 real-time security and safety monitoring.
- Advanced analytics for trends and reports
- Real-time location on maps of the community
- User-friendly interface
- Event profiles and reports
- Staff are notified about resident events through a ‘digital bulletin board’
- Administrators can communicate with mobile staff from their computers
- Alert integration to both Android and iOS devices
- Staff can message each other using their own smartphones
Family Wellness dashboard
Provides families with a comprehensive view into their loved one’s daily activity and safety, regardless of their proximity to the community.
- Improved access to vital information
- Daily updates on residents activity
- Shows step counts and movements
- Accessible through desktop or mobile devices
- Can provide peace of mind for families
Comfortable wearable bands can offer independence through:
- Advanced automatic fall detection1
- Sophisticated deep-learning algorithms
- Notifications and alerts directly to care staff
- “Help me” button
- Determines Real time location
- Activity monitoring
Wireless devices that work with Philips BlueBand wearables to send data to the cloud platform, providing:
- High-accuracy location
- Wireless connectivity to many devices
- Freedom of movement
- Integration with existing WiFi